Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying)
Life can be overwhelming and draining. After experiencing my own mental health battles, I have an intimate understanding of the challenges life can throw. It is easy to get stuck in the past and/or future, forgetting about the present. I am a strong believer that you are the expert of your own life. My goal through the counselling process is to help you recognize the strength you have to create a life worth living. I want to empower you, build your self-esteem and self-compassion, and teach you skills to get through your difficult times.
My core therapeutic beliefs to achieve success include:
1. The therapy environment: having a safe, non-judgmental, compassionate, trusting, and motivational space for you to express yourself freely
2. The therapy relationship: collaborative, supportive, and committed to promoting your sense of self-efficacy
3.Therapy goals: providing new learning experiences and opportunities for you to practice new behaviours
Leah is a Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying) with over 5 years-experience working in the mental health sector. She received her Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology from Yorkville University, and Bachelor of Arts with a Specialization in Psychology, from King’s University College. Leah has worked alongside and volunteered with a variety of mental health organizations which have contributed to her current practice. She has experience working with teen and adults. Leah works with folks to overcome struggles with depression, anxiety, trauma, as well as eating disorders, self-esteem and self-compassion issues. Leah has effective skills in emotional regulation and distress tolerance.
Client Focus: Individuals, adolescents, teens, young adults
Types of therapy: I implement an eclectic approach to therapy with a focus on Dialectical Behaviour Therapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Issues: I provide trauma-informed care for anxiety, depression, eating disorders, and self-esteem
(Specialties): anxiety, depression, eating disorders
More than just my work:
1. I love surrounding myself with family and friends
2. I am puppy obsessed, and love hanging out with my chihuahua and shi-poo-chi
3. I thrive in summer and love everything to do with the heat
4. I enjoy fitness, and prioritize living a balanced lifestyle. I am an avid believer in “Everything in moderation.”